By :- Martha Winslet
Healthy hair builds and maintains self confidence, develops personality irrespective of gender, caste, creed, color or religion. Obviously people are longing to have an eye catching style of hair and leave no effort to turn their hair attractive. Ironically, still some of us cannot retain this beauty symbol throughout the passage of life.
Basic reasons for hair loss may be classified as below:-
1. Though the portion of hair above the skin is constituted of dead cells but the live cells beneath the skin grows regularly by getting the required nutrients like Protein and essential Amino Acids from the blood. As such, non- reaching or less reaching of this ingredients or deficiency of these nutrients in our food, in other words, taking of imbalanced food may lead to hair loss.
2. Since the required nutrients are reached to the root of the hair through blood, therefore inadequate circulation of blood in the scalp hinders the reaching of the required nutrients to the hair root and thereby causes loss of hair.
3. In case of male, Androgenic Alopepsia contributes for baldness; this is a type of interference of sex hormone whose flow is being determined by the receptors situated at the bottom of the hair.
4. Fast food and junk food if consumed in abundance, in place of balanced one, could not ensure supply of adequate nutrient to the body and hair may contribute towards rapid loss of hair.
5. Another reason is the application of excessive heat treatment or use of strong chemicals in order to bring the desired shape and style of hair by simply ignoring its health.
6. Pollutant materials like harmful chemicals, flavoring, coloring and preserving agents, present in the food is one more reason.
7. Sedentary work style and insufficient physical movement, restricts the blood circulation in the body thereby hinders enough flow of proteins to the hair and this deficiency in turn translates into loss of hair.
8. Pollution of environment, chemical effects of inorganic fertilizers and insecticides in the food and consumption of contaminated drinking water is indirectly responsible for the problem.
9. Because of too much awareness with regard to beauty, hair and fashion sometimes people treat the hair in an unwanted and unhealthy manner which may also be blamed for hair loss.
10. Todays busy life style under stiff competition coupled with psychological tension and anxiety in every sphere of life changes the metabolism of the body and leaves its impression in the form of baldness.
11. Generally there may not be any linkage between the hair loss and the disorder of stomach/ acidity but malfunction of liver may have some effect on it.
12. During pregnancy, secretion of hormones may be above average, which generally drops after delivery and there may be tendency of hair loss in some cases.
15 important tips to prevent hair loss.
1. Good health and good habit goes a long way to have a lustrous and attractive hair.
2. Cleanliness is next to hairlines. Scalp should be kept clean to avoid infection of fungus and bacteria so as to prevent hair loss.
3. Consumption of balanced diet and thereby ensuring uninterrupted supply of required nutrients to the hair guards against baldness.
4. People who does not have any scope for physical labor because of their very nature of sedentary work culture should always resort to some sort of physical exercise daily so that proper movement of organs ensure enough blood circulation and thereby guards against hair loss.
5. As far as possible everyone should try to stick to consumption of natural/Home made foods in substitution of chemically blended or processed food because not only the chemical preservative present in the processed food reaches harm to the body and hair but also the processed food are very much prone to easy contamination.
6. Regular intake of fried, rich and spicy food in plenty is also responsible for such problem; easily digestible nutritious food should be preferred.
6. If possible, everybody should concentrate on freehand exercise at least for a few minutes a day which not only will contribute for good hair but also for good health.
7. Use of chemical substances in the form of shampoo or oil or any coloring material in order to look the hair shining should be strictly avoided. Use of herbal products in place of chemical ones may be practiced.
8. Excessive attention to make the hair more attractive by use of strong clips, combs or brushes aggravates the problem and may be avoided.
9. Attitude towards bleaching and dying of hair should be NO! NO!
10. Every protection should be taken to get rid of dandruff otherwise hair loss may be inevitable. Medicated shampoo preferably herbal ones may be used to keep the scalp clean along with intake of plenty of water and balanced diet help to keep the dandruff away.
11. Adequate hour of sound sleep is necessary to maintain the good lustrous hair.
12. Message particularly steroid drop message may be tried on case to case basis for regain of lost hair.
13. Consumption of Vitamin E capsules under medical supervision sometimes gives relief and restricts havoc loss of hair.
14. Consumption of medicines to prevent hair loss without proper medical supervision may lead to deteriorate the situation, hence should not be resorted.
15. Anti oxidants which may be obtained from fresh vegetables or fruits or from medicines may be taken, of course, after consultation and under supervision of a medical professional.