MLM Leads: the Best versus the Rest
By Charles Hopkins
Published 05/7/2006 | Home Based Business
Many people around the world today are considering MLM as a way to earn a few extra bucks. Theres no harm in that. In fact, if invested wisely MLM can produce substantial returns for the individual. Obviously this means that you have to have the best MLM leads for you. And to get the best leads you have to choose the best leads. Its all upon you. How prudently you choose, makes all the difference.
Multi-level marketing has developed a bad name for itself for some time now. But that is mainly because of the fraudulent enterprises which promise individuals of huge returns and basically cheat them of their money. It has been observed over a period of time that very few have made it really big with MLM, although there are many who have earned decent amounts. Even among those who have been extremely successful with the business very few actually have been able to sustain the figures over a longish period of time.
All these suggest that investing on an MLM business should be done with much thought and great care. When you buy MLM leads you are mainly expecting a couple of things:
- Buying MLM leads spares you from approaching your near and dear ones. This helps you in that you are not obligated to anybody. Moreover, if you have already approached your friends and relatives for another MLM enterprise before, which didnt turn out as successful as you expected to be, you dont have to go through the embarrassment of asking them again for their help.
- Buying leads also allow you the option of duplication which is the cornerstone for any successful network marketing. If you get yourself a list of leads you can always pass it on to your down line thus ensuring better results for your business.
Now that we know why we need to buy MLM leads, the next thing is to know which lead would be the best for my business. Or to put it differently, what should I look for in the leads I buy to be more or less certain that what I am getting will work for my business. Following are a few basic things that you should look out for before you buy your leads.
- See to it if the leads are exclusive to you. Many companies have a set of leads which they sell over and over again to all their clients. This means that you might be fighting for a persons attention along with scores of others who share the same leads with you. Not a very nice thing for your business, definitely.
- Next thing you need to check is how old the leads are. If someone had shown interest in the very recent past as in two or three days, chances are you will do better business with him than with someone who had been concerned over a month before.
- The numbers. Definitely the more leads you get the better is it for you. Obviously the numbers should not be alone the criterion and the leads should be of the quality which will further your business needs. But if your business needs are not compromised then the numbers become important.
- Quality. When we are talking about quality of a lead we are talking about the information it has. Definitely if you have the individuals phone numbers and address along with their names and email addresses you are in a much better position to negotiate. So more the relevant information you have better are your chances in the networking business.
- Plug-ins. Do you get anything extra with your leads? An auto responder bundled together with the leads package can be a great deal. You can even get your own website or may be just the basic training material on how to make your leads work the best. Anything that comes to your aid is a bonus.
Now that you know why you need leads and how to get the best in the market, all you need to do is go shopping!