Is Multi-tasking Recommended?
By Michelle L
Published 08/9/2009 | Business and Finance
Multi-tasking is a word that I am sure many of you are acquainted with. There was a time when I used to think that multi-tasking can save time. However, now I realize that multi-tasking is something that is not recommended because it is not the best way to get your work done. When you multi-task, you will spend more time figuring out what you are doing instead of doing the things that you should be doing.
The reasons why I do not believe that multi-tasking is effective are given as follows:
- When you take on several tasks at once, you will get confused easily and in the end, you will end up just wasting your time. If you have ever undertaken several tasks at one time, you must have forgotten to do something when you were busy with something else. This is quite a common thing that many people face when they choose multi-tasking.
- Letís face it; it is not possible for a person to concentrate on more than one thing at one time. Have you ever tried paying attention to more than one thing at a time? If you have, then you will know how difficult it is to concentrate on more than one thing.
- It is quite difficult for you to focus on the matter that you have on hand when you try multi-tasking. You get confused as to which task you should give your attention to first and you simply end up doing the work ineffectively, or you end up taking a longer period of time to do the tasks.
- The main reason I do not like multi-tasking is because you can not get any task done when you try to do too many work at one time. You will end up having several tasks on the verge of completion but you will not have any completed tasks.
- You will have the tendency to leave out certain things when you try to do too many things at one time.
- If you face any problem when you are doing something, the problem will appear to be more complicated that it actually is. This is because your mind can not take too much and when you are faced with any problem, the problem will seem too difficult to solve.
These are some of the reasons why I would not recommend you to opt for multitasking because you will not benefit in the end.