All About Herb Gardening
By Michelle L
Published 10/30/2009 | Gardening
One of the favorite hobbies of the people living in the United States and the United Kingdom is gardening. Herb gardening is one of the favorite kinds of gardening of most gardeners. Growing these little plants giver pleasure to the gardeners because they can use the herbs at the time of preparing their meals. One of the many benefits of herb gardening is that it will be possible for you to have fresh herbs with you all the time. You do not have to go to the market to buy the herbs when you need to prepare the meals and you certainly do not have to worry about going out of your home simply to buy these herbs.
There are different kinds of herbs that you can consider growing in your home garden and some of the herbs are as follows:
- Basil- Basil is an herb that many home gardeners prefer to grow in their homes. Not only will your garden look great when you grow this herb but you will also have this fresh herb within your reach anytime you want. In addition to cooking, you can use this herb to make basil tea. I am sure you are aware that this tea is great for treating cold, cough and nausea.
- Parsley- Parsley is one of the most popular herbs that people use and cooking and if you like using this herb while preparing your dishes then you can consider growing this herb. Parsley is a healthy herb as it is rich in Vitamin A, B and C; calcium and iron.
- Aloe Vera- Everyone is aware that aloe vera is an excellent herb. This is one of the best herbs that you can grow inside your home. You do not have to give extra attention when growing this herb but you need to make sure that you take care of it when frost arrives. The pulp of this herb can be used for relieving insect bites.
- Thyme- This is one herb that can grow in any kind of garden. You can make thyme tea with this herb and this drink is good for treating upset stomachs. It is also possible for you to treat sore throat with this tea.
- Mint- Have you always thought about growing mint but you simply never had the chance to grow this herb? If this is the case, you should consider this plant for your herb gardening. You can grow it in a pot and place the pot on the window sill.