The five cars that are a synonym for luxury
Each luxury car is a dream. It is a work of art, to be possessed. However, there are some luxury cars that are like royalty among equals. They have that little extra that makes most car lovers want to possess them. Five of these cars that have unmatched power, speed and performance and spell luxury are:
1. 2004 Maybach 62: Maybach was the ultimate in luxury during the 1920s and '30s. It is in the first lane even in the 21st century. The model that best manifests this tradition of excellence is the 2004 62 model. Its streamlined frame, smart front grille and curved headlights and luxuriously fitted interiors make it stand apart. The 62 has a 5.5-litre, V12 543 hp powerful turbo engine that makes this car run like a breeze. Its a great buy for 357,000.
2. 2004 Porsche Carrera GT: The GT is an attractive two-door sports car with a distinct, sleek exterior. The engine, a 605-hp V10, goes up to 124 mph in 9.9 seconds. The Porsche Ceramic Composite Clutch helps control the V10 and the 6-speed manual gearbox can be adjusted for racing specifications. The steering column, chair, and dashboard are designed to give maximum control. It comes at a base retail price of 440,000.
3. 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren: The Mercedes SLR McLaren is a mix of tradition and modernity. The design of the car is heavily influenced by McLaren's long stint in Formula 1. The body is made of lightweight carbon fiber which gives great acceleration power to its 5.4-liter, 617 hp V8 engine. The car is any speed enthusiasts delight, and can zoom from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.8 seconds. Its base retail price is 400,000
4. 2004 Rolls-Royce Phantom: A stately car, Rolls-Royce's Phantom can boast of luxury, power and comfort. It has a long hood, a direct-injection V12 engine that can produce 453 hp at 5,350 rpm. The exterior has a stretched out snout, large front grille, ridged sides and the classy Rolls-Royce rims and headlights. The interiors are absolute class, and would make even the royalty pause for a while. The base retail price of a Rolls-Royce Phantom is 320,000.
5. 2003 Ferrari Enzo: Ferraris Enzo is one of the most expensive cars sold in America. It combines the features of a racing car and a luxury car with a powerful V12 engine capable of delivering 660 hp at 7,800 rpm. The speedometer can go up to 217.5 mph and the 0-to-60 mph acceleration is achieved in a mere 3.3 seconds. The car has a carbon-fiber interior; and its dashboard is driver-centric, and easy to monitor. Very often this car is confused with a racing car on account of its design and the raw power that it packs. The car has two-gear change modes --Sport and Race -- mounted on the steering wheel that cut gear change time to an infinitesimal 150 milliseconds. With such features, an Enzo Ferrari is like a dream come true. However, what shakes you out of the dream is the price tag: 650,000.