Things To Consider When Telling Short Jokes To Your Friends
By Michelle L
Published 11/21/2009 | Humor
It is normal for people to like to share short jokes with their friends. On the other hand, if the jokes have not been chosen wisely or the way you have said them was not the right way, then it can cause rift between friends. This is the last thing you want because the main reason why you want to share the jokes with your friends is because you want to have a good laugh with them and not to end up hurting them. Believe it or not, but there are certain individuals who may take the joke personally and they may think that you are trying to hurt them or make them look bad in front of others. This can turn out to be a very tricky situation.
This is the reason why you should consider certain things before you choose the jokes you want to share with your friends.
- First of all, it is important for you to know the taste of your audience, i.e. your friends. When you know this, you will be able to determine which jokes to share and which jokes you should not share with them.
- If you are telling the jokes to your office friends, it is important for you to know that you should never tell any vulgar jokes in the workplace. This is not recommended at all.
- You should not tell any vulgar joke when you are having a meal with your family and relatives.
- It is always better that you do not share jokes on controversial topics such as sexual harassment and politics.
- Never make the mistake of sharing jokes that centers around physical disability.
- Do not try to imitate other people. Some of your friends may not like it when you try to imitate them when you are telling jokes. What you can do instead is to tell the jokes in your own unique style. Your friends will like it better this way.
- Try not to take a long time in telling short jokes. This will not make your friends laugh. In fact, some of them may even end up getting annoyed by you for dragging the jokes instead of keeping them short and simple.
- If you have ever encountered any funny incidents, which I am sure many of you have, you can share these incidents too. Your friends can have a good laugh at something funny that has happened to you.