Human beings dream but many of us do not take any action to achieve those dreams. They’d like to have changes in their lives but are simply too lazy to get up and actually start bringing about those changes, in turn they prefer to live with those problems and difficulties.
Same thing applies for entrepreneurs, how come entrepreneurs are more successful than ordinary people? It is because they are creative and has the will to perform, sometimes even more than an ordinary layman, hence they are successful.
Desire, the secret behind achieving anything, is the “starting point of all achievement” according to Napoleon Hill, as stated in Think & Grow Rich. Desire is quite different from wish, the former means that you find a way to make things happen and get what you want, be it a promotion, income or a different lifestyle. Because the entrepreneurs are driven, passionate people, they are often termed as crazy people.
Here are some ideas or principles featured in Think & Grow Rich, although they are focused on income, they can be used in all aspects of life:
1. Clarity of your wants! And be PRECISE! If a car is what you want, then you should know the car model, or color that you want EXACTLY! If its money, then know how much you want EXACTLY! Success comes to those who are not vague about what they want!
2. You cannot have all that you want; you have to lose something in order to gain something. Determine to what extent you are willing to sacrifice for the things you desire. Successful people often are more willing to do in comparison to others.
3. You must instill a sense of urgency into your work. Be organized, it saves a lot of time and effort! Select a definite date when you can accomplish what you want.
4. Find out what you need to do in order to accomplish your goals and begin at once, do not put off till tomorrow what you can do today. A 1000 miles journey begins with a step, so take that step today! So what if you have a long way to go. Just remain focused and you will reach your goals!
5. Jot down a statement containing what you want EXACTLY; when you intend to have it, what you are willing to put into in order to accomplish it, and your exact plans. This way, you can be more focused.
6. Now, read whatever you’ve written at the start of the day and before going to bed. Sounds silly? It is actually these small ‘silly’ things that actually work! It will instill all your goals in your sub-conscious mind and make sure they stay there!