Many people suffer from acne problems but are not really aware what it is that causes acne in the first place. Before you can effectively treat acne it is important to know why these outbreaks have started and only then can you find a permanent remedy.
It is quite amazing how many people think that they are not doing anything wrong and are not conscious that there are a few things that if they change would really help them get rid of their problem. You may of course have acne due to reasons that you cannot control but most times you have acne because you are doing something to set it off.
Acne can be a real embarrassment for some people, but you can treat it. There are so many methods to cure acne you can try out, although if you want to solve it radically you have to know what causes the acne and those elements that contribute to make it worse.
Some actions that can make your acne worse are:
· A bad diet and unhealthy regime, such as the consumption of junk food and eating not enough fruits and vegetables
· Washing your face too often will stimulate an excess of natural oil production
· Dirty hair
· Touching the acne that will spread bacteria to the other parts of your face and can also leave scars
· Applying the wrong cosmetics, which will clog up your pores and prevent your skin to breathe and be thoroughly cleansed. Your best choice is to buy water-based cosmetics if you want to use them at all.
· Excessive medication intake will dry up your skin and irritate it
· Stress also contributes to acne outbreaks as it contributes to the excessive production of sebum and together with dead skin cells will clog your pores causing acne.
· Acne treatment which is not tested and bad for your skin type. What can work for some will not necessarily work for you so you should find out the right treatment for your skin type and degree of acne
· Not changing your pillow, which is important as pillows and pillowcases must be changed regularly for they are a breeding ground for bacteria. If you have acne you should try and change it every other day.
Using the wrong kind of makeup can really cause bad cases of acne. You should avoid all oil based makeup and use natural clay products or water-based cosmetics. Too much junk food and sweets are very bad and if you change your diet to a healthy well-balanced regime with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables your acne will considerably be reduced and finally disappear. Remember that water is a natural treatment for acne.