Which are the Best Insurance Ratings for Top Companies
By Brown Ezilon.com Articles
Published 07/22/2011 | Insurance Quotes & Rates
There are many companies that
are reliable and offer good rates for various insurance options, however it is
difficult to say which ones are really better as they are listed according to
However, we can rate various
insurance companies according to the sales they have generated each year,
although this does not necessarily mean they are better even if they sell more
policies. This said, often a company that sells better is a clear indicator
that it is both popular and probably reliable according to the publics
With such a competitive market
a company with higher sales rate will gain more if it stands as the preferred
by customers who trust its services.
The top ten insurance
companies rated in the world are also amongst the largest and provide coverage
for almost all issues and needs as well as the classic coverage including home,
auto and health insurance.
Many of these monopolize the
insurance industry in their country and provide their service to a large part
of the population.
- No. 10: Aegon. The Netherlands-based company had
an annual sale of US43 billion in 2009.
- No. 9: Sumitomo Life Insurance. The Japanese
company made 43 billion in the fiscal year 2009 (April 1, 2010-March 31,
- No. 8: National Mutual Insurance Federation of
Agricultural Cooperatives. The total revenues of this Japanese company
were about 50 billion in 2010.
- No. 7: China Life Insurance. This Beijing,
China-based life insurer made about 57 billion in 2010.
- No. 6: Dai-ichi Life. This Japanese company had
an annual sale of about 57 billion in the fiscal year 2009.
- No. 5: State Farm Insurance. The US insurance
company made about 62 billion in 2010.
- No. 4: Zurich Financial Services. The total sales
of this Swiss company were about 68 billion in 2010.
- No. 3: CNP Assurances. The French insurance
company made about 69 billion in 2009.
- No. 2: Nippon Life Insurance. The Japan-based
insurance company made about 71 billion in the fiscal year 2009.
- No. 1: Assicurazioni Generali. The Italy-based
insurance company is the largest insurance company in the world. It made more than 121 billion in 2010.
USA Top Ten Insurance
At the same time, here are the
top ten US insurance companies by revenues. They include:
- No. 1: State Farm Insurance. As already mentioned
above, this Bloomington, Illinois-based insurance company is the largest
in the US. It made about 62 billion in 2010.
- No. 2: MetLife. This NYC-based insurance company
made a total of 41 billion in 2009.
- Other eight top-rated insurance companies in the
US include Allstate Insurance Company, Prudential Insurance Company,
Travelers Insurance Company, Fidelity Insurance Company, Farmers Insurance
Company, AIG Insurance Company, MassMutual Insurance Company, and the
Hartford Insurance Company.