CCTV or Hidden Cameras: Checkout the Spying Security Devices
By Charles Hopkins
Published 12/14/2006 | Security and Safety
Your every move can be recorded without you knowing about it. Technology has given us CCTV, or closed circuit television, for this. It acts as a hidden camera and functions in a unique manner to capture intruders and record their wrongful intentions and deeds.
Closed circuit television is basically a video system to record things and to show it to restricted viewers. Did you get confused? Well, the closed circuit television cannot be broadcasted to public because it is exclusively meant for confidential purposes.
CCTV In Action
Suppose you have planned an entrapment for a gang of bank robbers and fix up the closed circuit TV camera in the banks. If everyone is given the right to access it, will the secrecy of the mission be maintained? Wont the criminals be alerted that they are constantly being chased or watched? Therefore, for the maintenance of security and safety of the consumers, employees of the bank and the over all general public, this secrecy cannot be made open to the public. The restriction on broadcasting is thus held, and if there is any such mission where the general public has to be cautioned, CCTV recordings can be put into use.
- In the forefront of CCTV is a recording system. But the receiving mode is built within the system itself.
- As a transmission system, the CCTV sends signals in the form of radio waves that are scrambled. The closed loop is used, and finally at the receivers end, the signals are unfolded and the image can be seen.
- The biggest benefit of the CCTV is that it can be manipulated with the image recorded. Basically every detail can be tracked within a particular recording area and can be deciphered at the reception point.
- In a more specific way, reducing and enlarging the image is possible. Therefore a close look at evidence can be checked and re-checked for tracking the exact thing. The chances of escape from the eyes of the CCTV are next to impossible.
- CCTV was primarily intended to be used in areas where money handling is the core job. Especially for the banks, such hidden apparatus was an excellent way to maintain high security. But now-a-days the utilization periphery of the CCTV has excelled and it is being used in a much wider way.
- From retail stores to prisons, the use of CCTV is in vogue. It is the easiest and safest apparatus to keep things under control.
- The basic theory behind the large use of CCTV is to make the entire surveillance process easier and also more cost-effective. If you have to post security guards at every nook and corner of a public place, airport, bank, or shopping mall, the expense would be astronomical. On the other hand, one single monitoring and recording system can do the whole job, and in a more effective manner.
- In recent times the hand held and portable CCTV has become hot on the market, but usually the in-line and out-line CCTV are used. Whatever the model is, the basic devices are a monitor or the television, and the camera unit with a closed circuit loop. This is enough to spy through any minute hole. Be careful! You are actually being watched.