Check Cyber Crime Through Security Tools
By Charles Hopkins
Published 12/14/2006 | Security and Safety
Net savvies beware! The web world has really become one of the most common crime zones. Cyber crime is rising up as one of the biggest threats for all internet users. Phishing and pharming are no longer unusual terms for the internet savvies.
These two widespread online deceptive modes attempt to trap you in the net and prey on your online banking facilities - and try to break your secret codes. In 2005 their existence as frauds was detected and precautions against their intrusion have been developed through security tools.
Similarly, crime wares are in vogue. Spyware, Trojans, different types of viruses, bots and mal ware are among the major cyber crime tools. To counter these crime tools and to avoid every type of intrusion, you have to use security software.
- Inhibit the entry of any type of unwanted or unaware code in the computer until you are alerted about it.
- Create a firewall in your computer, which is the first step of security against cyber crime. This will at least make you conscious of any unauthorized intruder trying to get in.
- Your identity can be kept secret as long as you want it to be. But here is a technical problem. As soon as you start visiting websites, your invisible position will be detected by the spyware. When you carry on with the downloading process of shareware and freeware, you cannot simply avoid the tracking of your users identity by the spyware and viruses. To prohibit such invasions anti-virus and anti-spyware software are required. Get them downloaded before starting your web search. A prior precaution is always preferable.
- Even the use of one anti-virus or anti-spyware might not be enough. Technical expertise can help you to check for intrusion in a more integrated and powerful way.
- Experts dont believe in a single security tool. They insist upon more than one security software. The simple justification the techies provide is that it is not possible for one scanning system to detect all germs at all times. Therefore, if a proper shielding process is desired, for full-proof barriers use more than one anti-spyware. Thats a must.
Now that you are thinking about security, how can you get a hold of the different forms of security software? Where do you get them from? Are they readily available?
For a safe net surfing, most of the security software tools can be easily downloaded. And above all they are free of cost. Dont delay in downloading these software tools for the safety of your secret codes, identity confidentiality and your computer system.
Other Security Measures
- Computer updating is must for a safe run of the device.
- As soon as you presume that a cyber crime may attack your computer and secret codes, immediately close your browser and kill your Internet connection. The easiest and safest way is probably complete disconnection.
- Avoid offers given online before you are sure of their authenticity. Many a time they are actually virus.
- Dont leak your bank and credit details without ensuring that you are not being defrauded. Also keep updating your accounts at regular intervals.
Thus, with technical support and clarity of understanding, you can easily arrest cyber crime and maintain your identitys safety as an internet user.