Seasonale birth control pill has been approved by FDA. A new choice in oral contraceptive for woman for preventing of pregnancy. Seasonale s an extended- regimen birth control pill which means it is designed to extend the time between your expected menstrual periods so you get them once every 3 months instead of every month. Seasonale is 99 percent effective in preventing pregnancy when taken as directed by your doctor.
Although Seasonale's users have fewer scheduled menstrual cycles, the data from clinical trials show that many women, especially in the first few cycles of use, had more unplanned bleeding and spotting between, the expected menstrual period than women taking a conventional 28-days cycle oral contraceptive.
Seasonale too have some common side effects as that of other oral contraceptive pills such as:
2. Vaginal bleeding in between menstrual cycles
3. Breast tenderness
Uncommon side effects of Seasonale are:
1. Blood clots in the legs or lungs
2. Blockage of the blood vessels in the brain
3. Blocked blood vessels in other parts of the body
4. High blood pressure
5. Liver troubles of each month.
Precaution should be followed before taking oral contraceptive:
1) In case if you have any kind of allergic to estrogen progestin, or any other medications then tell you doctor and pharmacist.
2) Inform your doctor about what prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins and nutritional supplement you are taking.
3) Tell you doctor if any herbal treatment you are taking.
4) Before you start with Seasonale pill consult your doctor if have ever had breast lumps, high blood pressure, fats, heart attack , asthma, kidney disease or any other major health problem.
5) Do not take oral contraceptive if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
6) If you found yourself pregnant while taking contraceptive, immediately inform your doctor.
Woman should discuss contraceptive use and the precautions and warning for use of the drugs with their doctor before they start taking any oral contraceptive.
Olivia Andrews is a freelance journalist and has written many reviews on subjects such as finance, education, health, entertainment, music, gifts, crafts, travel, apparels, and mobile phones.