Ace Your Ad Copy with These Tips
By Charles Hopkins
Published 04/20/2006 | Publishing
What percentage of prospects come your way as a result of your ad copy? What percentage of sales do you close because of your ads? Well, increase both percentages with some of our tips, tailored to your own ad campaigns.
1. ERRORS Its tough to have 100 percent perfect ad copy. Nearly impossible! So tell your readers that whoever spots five errors in your ad copy due to grammar issues or misspelled words, wins a reward. This way your readers will not only be reading your copy longer, increasing the likelihood of purchasing awhile theyre at it, youll get editing done at no charge for your revised printing or online publication.
2. YES Lead your readers to the conclusion you want; that is to say, Yes to your offer, by asking them several yes and no questions in your ad copy that have affirmative answers. Have the questions be based on the main offer and focus on what will happen if they do not buy. But dont set a negative tone by having them reply No. Or by the time theyre through reading, they might say, No to you!
3. CHARITY Tie in a percentage of your sales with one of your favorite charities. And make mention of this in your ad copy. This is a win-win strategy because your company gives back to society plus your clients read about it; it improves your image in their eyes and shares your concerns. And they give, too. Everyone helps each other.
4. GUARANTEE Include a good, solid guarantee in your offer. For examples, look at the last thing you purchased and check out the guarantee. In a nutshell, make it a lifetime offer and / or give them back MORE than they gave you.
5. PS Since most people look for this feature, add it! Say something in your P.S. like give them a Bonus offer if they reply by a certain deadline. Or focus on your best reason why the reader should buy and NOW.
6. CONTACT Do include complete contact information that works! Test any email addresses and telephone numbers before going to press
So next time you need to ace your ad copy, go back over what you wrote and tweak it here and there for improvements. Better yet, have a contest and invite your readers to do it for you! Hows that for a win-win solution?!