Facebook Advertising Tips
By Michelle L
Published 06/11/2009 | Advertising
Facebook is one of the most preferred social networking websites and advertising on this website is most definitely advantageous. Many advertisers prefer to advertise on Facebook because this site gets plenty of traffic daily and when you advertise on Facebook, you have more chances of increasing visitors to your site. However, there are certain tips that you should know so that you can successfully advertise on Facebook.
Given below are some useful tips:
- The first tip that you should seriously follow is not to create a profile that looks nothing more than a sales pitch. Trust me, even if you add friends, many people may not accept your friends request if they find your profile to be nothing more than a huge sales pitch.
- When you add friends on Facebook, you can always advertise the products or services that you are selling by informing your friends about the advantages of the products or services. Make sure that you do not sound like a sales person because the last thing you want is for the people in your friend list to find you to be boring. Trust me, telling your friends non-stop about the products that you are promoting will bore them. Just tell them the benefits of your products in general. There’s no need for you to stress on the topic all the time.
- You can create a group for your business. Those people who are interested in what you have to offer will join your group and find out more information about the products that you are selling. You can even invite the people on your friend list to join your group.
- Make sure you are always posting updates on a regular basis.
- When your friends ask you what you do for a living, explain to them about your work but make sure that you do not sound like you are trying to sell the products to them. Try to sound casual.
- You can post comments on other groups. I am sure you must have heard about forum posting to promote the products and services. Just like forum posting, you can attract Facebook users to check out what you have to offer or find out more about yourself. This way you can advertise your business online.
- You can even import your blog posts on Facebook. Remember to check the posts for errors and mistakes. You should also encourage the readers to post comments on your posts.
- Be consistent. It may take some time for positive results. You should not give up after sometime. Be determined and regularly update your profile page.
These are some of the tips that can help you attract visitors to your business website. Advertising on Facebook is actually quite a simple task. You just need to follow these tips and stay determined.