Facing A Job Interview
By Michelle L
Published 12/31/1969 | Careers
Irrespective of whether you have been on interviews before or you will be attending a job interview in the near future, it is essential that you prepare yourself for it. Believe it or not, but many people do not know how they should face a job interview and it is because of this that they do not get the job that they went to the interview for. When you get a call from the HR department of a particular company, this must mean that the HR manager has noticed something about your resume that has made him feel that you are qualified for an interview. Here are some of the tips that will help you when you are facing a job interview:
- Dress properly- Believe it or not, but the first thing that the interviewer will notice about you is how you are dressing. If you dress poorly then you will not be able to give the interviewer a good impression. After all, if you will be hired by the company then you will be representing the company and as such you can not afford to dress shabbily. No matter what people say, first impression is the last impression. So dress well for your interview.
- Take one or more resumes with you- It is true that the company already has your resume but you should take one or more resumes with you just in case the interviewer asks you for one.
- References- If, in your resume, you have written that references are available on request, make sure that you carry at least four references with you when you face the interview. This way, you will be able to hand out the references to the interviewer if and when he asks for them.
- Research on the company- Before you go and face the interview, do a research on the company and try to find out as much as you can about it. This should be done so that you will have an answer to the questions that the interviewer may ask you about the company. Since you are going for the interview, it is important that you know more about the organization. If you can answer the questions that the interviewer has asked you about the company then he will definitely be impressed and you may just get the job!
- Ask questions- While it is true that generally the interviewer ask questions, you can impress him by asking questions about the job and what kind of role you will have to play if you get the job. This will certainly leave a good impression on the interviewer.
These are some of the steps that will help you when you are facing an interview.