Are You Unemployed And Depressed?
By Michelle L
Published 12/31/1969 | Careers
It is quite normal for people to be depressed if they have been looking for a good job for a long time but without any positive outcome. If you are unemployed and you are not having a good luck in the job search department, then I would suggest that you follow the tips given below so that you will be less depressed.
- You can volunteer to do some charity work. It will not just take your mind off things but it will also make you feel good to know that you are helping people who are not as fortunate as you are. You will feel as if you are doing something productive and valuable with your time by helping those who are really in need of help. Volunteering is considered to be a networking opportunity as it may just get you a job.
- You can try doing a course or two to increase your chances of getting a job as a new skill learned will improve your marketability. Whatís more, it is a great way to meet people and network.
- If your case is very serious then you need to go and see a therapist. Believe it or not, it is always better to get some help because you need help when it comes to fighting depression.
- Try to do some exercises as working out will keep your mind fresh. Whatís more, exercising will also stop you from thinking too much about your state of unemployment.
- You should continue to try looking for work because you may just get the job that you are looking for when you keep trying. Just donít stress yourself so much. Tell yourself that you are just going to try for the potential jobs. If you get the job, then itís great but if you donít get the job then maybe there is a better opportunity waiting for you.
These are just some of the tips that you will find to be of great help to you if you are depressed about not being able to find a job. As you must be aware, the number of jobs available in the market has declined tremendously, so you should not pressure yourself to get a job. Just take it easy and everything will fall in to place automatically. The most important thing that you should keep in mind is that if one opportunity passes you, then maybe there is a better opportunity for you. Just wait for the right time.