How To Turn A Relationship Into A Marriage
By Zaithyn Galter
Published 10/27/2009 | Dating
It is a well known proverb that 'marriages are made in heaven'. But in today's world relationships have become highly complicated owing to the various complexities of life. So, even if a large number of relationships are made practically everyday, it is definitely a question how many survive to the last stage which is 'marriage'. What is the success behind a relationship or the key factors that lead a relationship to a marriage is the question that plagues every couple's mind.
The success of a relationship definitely depends upon both the partners, so does the responsibility of facing the adversities that threaten a relation. Thus, it is necessary to first chalk out what are the problems that stop a relation from culminating into marriage, and then find a solution to it. Let's see what they are:
Problems- threat to a relation:
· Time issues
· Ego clashes
· Professional rivalry ( if both of you are working in the same company)
· Jealousy and suspicion
· Not respecting each other's individual space and identity
· Resistance from the family
Small things do matter a lot in a relation, and 'care' and 'love' for each other are the very essence of a true relation. It is not wrong to go a little far in making your beloved feel special. Saying the magical words all the time does not really prove that you care or love. It is the small things that you do in times of need that makes him/her feel that you are the one who is going to be there forever. Girls love security, compassion and want someone who would be able to protect them and stand up for them in need. On the other hand, boys want a partner who would be a reflection of their self, would understand them, stand by them and care for him and the family. The love that you feel needs to be shown as this is a very crucial factor in turning a relationship into a marriage.
While in a relationship, it is important to understand each other's individual needs and the importance of space. As such, they have their own shares of problems to handle. So, for a relationship to succeed, it is crucial that you share each other's problems. Mental compatibility plays an important role in turning an ongoing relation into a marriage.
· Devoting enough time,
· Understanding each other,
· Knowing each other's likes and dislikes,
· Caring for each others' needs, how small they might be,
· Maintaining individual independence,
· Respecting each other's beliefs, thoughts,
· Not trying to change your partner according to your choice,
· Respect and understand each other's family values,
· Keeping the professional and personal life separate,
· Trying to adjust to each other's needs,
· Being non dominative,
· Maintaining each other's individual identity, and
· Able to share, handle and solve each other's problems.
Maker is a global network of various dating websites. Some of the
sites include Aussie Match Maker, a site offering free
, and Adult Match Maker, giving you the opportunity to meet hot
online. Find more information goto -