- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Board, central administration and research units.
- Bulgarian Archaeological Association - Works for the protection and popularization of the historical and cultural heritage in Bulgaria.
- Bulgarian Ship Hydrodynamics Centre - Conducts research in ship and offshore hydrodynamics, coastal hydraulics, aerodynamics, environment, water transport .
- Central Laboratory of Mineralogy & Crystallography - Training of highly qualified specialists in the field of mineralogy & crystallography, investigation & modeling of natural systems
- Geophysical Institute - Conducts research in the fields of seismology, geomagnetism, gravimetry, physics of the atmosphere, ionosphere and geospace.
- Institute of Astronomy - Carries out fundamental research in astronomy, astrophysics, and teaching specialists in this domain.
- Institute of Biophysics - Studies molecular structure, functions of biological membranes, ion channels, biopotentials, and extracellular electric fields.
- Institute of Mechanics - A leading scientific center with long traditions in fundamental & applied research in mechanics, robotics, mechatronics, & more.
- Institute of Molecular Biology - The main institution in Bulgaria for carrying out research and training in the field of molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Institute of Organic Chemistry - Provides fundamental and applied scientific research, consulting and expert in the field of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Institute of Solid State Physics - Specialized in fundamental & applied research in the field of laser physics, condensed matter physics, microelectronics,...
- Research laboratory SPHERE - Works in the field of energy, energy-informational and informational exchange.
- Serdica Mathematical Journal - Quarterly publication of the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.