Most people understand that exercise is important for their overall health and well-being. However, many complain that they just don’t have enough time in their schedule for exercise.
With the fast-paced lives that most of us lead, it’s understandable that most of us are time-starved and without the proper time for exercise.
However, exercise is essential to our health, so it is important to understand that even a brief amount of exercise performed on a regular basis can go a long way to improve your life.
10-15 minutes of exercise performed 3-4 times a week will do a lot to improve every aspect of your physical health. No special equipment or props are needed.
In fact, a number of exercises can be done in the morning while you are still in your pajamas. Some routines may be so easy that you may be tempted to think that they are not doing much good as all.
However, if performed properly on a consistent basis, 10 minutes of exercise can get you in shape.
Here are a few exercises that you can do in just 10 minutes to improve your total fitness health.
1 Minute Back Stretch
– Sit with your legs straight out in front of you and your back straight.
– Place your right palm flat on the floor behind you as you twist your head and shoulders so that you are looking over your right shoulder.
– Make sure that you keep both buttocks flat on the floor.
– Hold for 15 then do the other side.
1 Minute Back Scratcher
– Sit with your legs stretched out in front of you and your back straight.
– Stretch your right arm and bend it at the elbow as if you are going to scratch your back between your shoulder blades.
– Reach your left arm behind your back to touch or hold the fingers of your right hand.
– Hold this position for 30 seconds.
– Repeat on the other side.
2 Minutes of Sit-Ups
– Lie flat on the floor on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
– Place your palms on your hips and run them up to your knees, pulling yourself up by your stomach muscles.
– Do as many of these sit-ups as you can in 2 minutes.
5 Minutes of Step Ups
– Find a step of about 6-8 inches of height. Step up with your left foot.
– Raise your right foot to join it.
– Take your left foot off of the step and then your right foot to join it.
Repeat For 5 Minutes
1 Minute of Press Ups
– Lie on your stomach.
– Bend your arms at the elbows and place both hands flat on the floor with your thumbs at the shoulder level.
– Keep your toes flexed and on the floor.
– Push on your palms to raise your upper body.
– Your back and shoulders should be flat and your buttocks should not be sticking up.
– Fully extend your arms but do not lock them.
– Now slowly lower your body back on to the ground and repeat as many times as you can in 1 minute.
Congratulations! You have just completed 10 minutes of exercise that did a lot to increase your cardio-fitness, helped to maintain the strength in your arms, shoulders, and legs, and increased the flexibility in your joints.
If you don’t have a lot of time to work out, try performing these exercises for 10 minutes 3-4 times per week, and you will see and feel a great difference.