Ask any marketing expert and they’ll tell you “the money’s in the list“. Email is a powerful and easy way to build a list and communicate your marketing messages to leads and customers. Here are the top 10 reasons to use email marketing.
1. Email marketing is virtually free. Email is truly unique in its ability to put your marketing message in front of thousands of potential customers at virtually no cost.
This means that virtually 100% of revenue generated from email campaigns is pure profit.
2. Email is personal. Everyone’s favorite sound is the sound of his or her own name. Most email marketing solutions allow you to automatically customize email messages with personal data such as the subscriber’s name.
3. Valuable demographic data can be collected. When a lead subscribes to your email list, you can collect valuable data about your potential customers. This data allows you to better target your marketing messages to your list.
4. Email messages are sent instantaneously. With the touch of a button, your marketing message is sent to your list. There is no waiting for the post office to deliver the message to the customer’s mailbox.
5. Email is transparent. With email, virtually every marketing metric can be tracked with a high degree of precision.
Among the metrics that can be tracked are delivery rates, open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates.
6. Email marketing is highly automated. Very little manpower is required to create an email campaign.
Essentially, the only manual work required is the copywriting of email message itself. Other aspects such as delivery and tracking are done automatically.
7. Email messages do not necessarily require any design work. Unlike many other forms of marketing, email messages require little to no designing.
In fact, it has been shown that plain text email messages with no HTML tend to be more effective.
Plain text messages are much less likely to trigger spam filters and consequently have significantly higher delivery rates.
8. Rapid response time. Particularly if you sell products online, an email campaign can begin to generate a response almost immediately.
Customers don’t have to leave their home and can make a purchase with the click of a button.
9. Email is the ultimate “word of mouth” marketing vehicle. If your email message is “viral” in nature, your customer can quickly and easily forward it to friends and family, spreading your message to new potential customers.
10. Email helps you build a relationship of trust with your customers. Email solves one of the greatest challenges in marketing: building a relationship with customers.
Email allows you to keep in touch with customers, get their feedback, offer support, etc.
Email marketing is a powerful, inexpensive, and cost-effective marketing medium. Start using email today to build your online business.