What is Facial Implant?
Facial implant is a branch of plastic surgery that is performed in an attempt to enhance facial contours.
As a result of facial implant, your facial features will gain a symmetry and regularity that will make you look much better.
The implants can be found in a range of styles, shapes and sizes to complement the features of your chin, cheek, nose or jaws and to make them look more proportionate.
Most of the modern implant objects are made of solid silicone. Currently, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that it is not safe to be used inside your body.
The implants are structured and designed in a soft, unique way so that it gives you a natural look and feel.
They are used either for enhancement, or reconstruction or renovation of the contours of your face.
The implants come with open porosity that allows gradual growth of tissue and small blood vessels over it resulting in a natural healing and durability of the procedure.
The whole procedure promotes a very natural look with less conspicuous, but definitive aesthetic outcome.
Facial implant is all about a simple, easy and brief process. It is performed in surgeons clinic under local anesthesia and does not take more than thirty minutes.
More or less the same technique is used in implant for all facial areas. First the sight of implant is demarcated and an incision is made on that area.
A small pocket is constructed in the facial tissue, between these incisions where the implant will be placed.
The implant is inserted and gently placed in the pocket. The ends of the implant are trimmed and placed under the skin away from the incisions.
After that incisions are carefully stitched up. Stitches are removed within 5-10 days or sutures placed inside the mouth takes almost same time to dissolve.
Facial implants are often inserted at the time of facelift, rhinoplasty or eyelid surgery.
- Facial implants are a way of enhancing your looks. An improved look adds to your confidence and helps to feel great about yourself.
- You should be matured enough to realize that facial implant is a solution to correct the disproportionate features of your face; it is not meant to make you the most good looking person in the world.
- Facial implants are an instrument in the hands of the cosmetic surgeons to render a balance to the facial contours of younger candidates.
- For instance, it is easier to render a new look to a girl in her tens by reshaping her nose or augmenting her jaw line to place them in right proportion with the other features of her face.
- For the older patients, facial implants are often done in conjunction with the other cosmetic procedures.
- It is common to place implants in the strategic facial areas to enhance the effects of another cosmetic procedure as eyelid surgery or facelift.
- This is a rejuvenation process that helps to enhance the youthful looks of the patient.
- Implants are often used to fill out the facial hollows, giving the face a tired or sunken look. An implant will give fullness to the face that makes it appear more youthful.
- Then, facial implant is an easy cosmetic procedure that does not hold you up for more than a week allowing you to return to normal routine within this period.
- It is a hassle free process done in an outpatient manner and effects are permanent.
Although majority of the patients are happy with the results of facial implants that bring noticeable changes in your facial contour, the process like all cosmetic surgery is not altogether free of risks and uncertainties.
Risks are rare but they occur sometimes. Sometimes a second operation is required to correct the alignments of the features due to a shifting implant.
As with any operation, facial implant also involves risks of infection. If the infection can not be cured by antibiotics, then the implant must be removed temporarily to be placed only at a later course of time.
You have to clear your doubts regarding risk factors associated with the chosen procedure beforehand through a discussion with your surgeon.
Also ask your surgeon as to how safe is the implant material to be used inside your body.
As facial implant is a cosmetic procedure, the costs are not covered by insurance. The cost varies with individual cases depending on the complexities involved in the operation.
But as a whole, the costs of facial implants in most of the American states range from 1,000 – 2,000.