Everyone desires to appear attractive and feel our best, stand out among our friends and have heads spinning for our looks.
And while some might have these attributes that will make heads turn for them naturally, there are ways we can also enhance ours, and that is by using beauty products.
Natural homemade beauty products don’t only enhance or gives one a nice look but make one retain stand with such glimmer that comes with it.
However, most of us are usually too busy to visit beauty salons most of the time, or rather don’t have what it takes to purchase cosmetics for beauty enhancement.
If you’re one of those that don’t usually have time to go to a salon, you can opt for homemade beauty cosmetics. The good news is that you can prepare them and use them at your convenience.
Nowadays, there are varieties of beauty products in the market promising to do wonder in enhancing virtually all the body parts. You can get the one for the face, hair, nails, and so on.
Nonetheless, beauty products prepared at home are unique, in the sense that all the contents are organic and entirely free from chemical additives. This implies that they don’t need to worry about skin damage.
Beauty products for your hair
- Hair relaxer
Most people may not be aware of natural relaxers. Simply because they can’t find it at the market doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
It’s better than the chemical-based relaxer and will also provide your hair with some vital nutrients needed to grow well.
Though it may not straighten the hair like the chemical-based relaxer, it sure will make it better and tangle-free.
All you needed is the ingredients to make one yourself.
We have listed several recipes below, which are all for hair care. And the ingredients are readily obtainable from your homes.
- One of the ways to make a natural relaxer for hair is;
- Get three tbsp. of olive oil and coconut concentrate each
- Mix them thoroughly, until it turns smooth and thick, resembling cream.
- Put one-quarter of milk containing all its constituents, then continue stirring till it is well mixed
- Part your hair into 4, and massage them thoroughly from the roots to the tips
- Cover with a plastic cap, and wait for about 20 – 30 minutes
- Use shampoo to rinse your hair to wash off the relaxer. Repeat once every week for a good result
The heat will help activate the ingredients and cause them to penetrate deep into the hair.
- Coconut is suitable for making the hair soft, so another effective way is;
- Mix 4tbsp of coconut cream together with 2tbsp coconut oil
- Place it in hot water to dissolve the cream to make mixing easier
- The add 11oz of yogurt (fat-free), and place on a low heat and stir
- Now, combine all the ingredients and use it on your hair appropriately
- Wash it off with a shampoo and repeat once every week for best result
- Honey is also suitable for straightening the hair;
- Get a cup of pure or undiluted honey
- Get ½ cup of olive oil, lemon juice, and caramel each
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly
- Part your hair appropriately and massage very well
- Cover with a head wrap and wash it off about 20-30 minutes
- And repeat every 4-5 days or once a week
You can also use milk and spray it on your hair using a spray bottle, as milk does help to straighten and soften the hair.
You can also massage cocoa butter or olive oil into your hair, cover it with a plastic cap, and allow it for a few minutes, then wash it off.
- Hair Conditioner
To get a good and natural hair conditioner without being afraid of damaging your hair, then try this;
- Using egg and plain yogurt recipe
- Get one egg yolk and one cup of plain yogurt; beat the egg with a whisk and add the yogurt inside.
- Rub this mixture before washing your hair.
- Cover your hair and wait for 30-45 minutes to allow it to activate and penetrate the hair well.
- Rinse your hair well and part-dry.
- Vinegar and egg conditioner
- You need three eggs, two tablespoons of juice extracted from lemon, and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Mix all together, and add ½ tbsp. Of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of honey
- Mix again till it forms a thick paste
- Apply on your hair, massage it well and allow it to sit for 15 – 20 minutes
- Wash it off and part dry
You can as well use blended banana on your hair, coconut oil, and honey, and all have a way of conditioning the hair naturally.
There are lots of hair spray in the market, but in case you would love to make one yourself, then try this;
- Get one sizable lemon and slice into four parts.
- Pour 2 cups of water with sliced lemon inside a cooking pot.
- Heat until the water quantity partially reduces (at most half).
- Allow the water to cool, then filter and pour inside a bottle that can squirt fluid.
- Store in a refrigerator for long-term use, depending on the quantity and how often you’ll be using it.
- If it gets sticky, pour a little bit of water in it.
- Hair dye
If you are the type that love changing your hair color, pay attention to the organic hair color recipes below.
- For a brown hair
- Coffee works effectively for turning your hair color to brown.
- Get one cup of dark roasted coffee and brew it.
- Allow it to cool before filtering.
- Apply the liquid on your hair effectively to damp it
- Allow it to stay for some time, say 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
Aside from the coffee dye, another useful natural dye that can give your effective coloring is the sage. It works mostly for people that have brown and black color.
- Orange and red hair dye
- If you desire a tint of red mixed with orange, carrot, and organic oils, can do that.
- Juice the carrots, then add coconut oil or alternative carrier oil.
- Mix very well, and apply it on your hair
- Use a headwear to cover your hair for up to one hour
- Rinse it off using apple cider vinegar.
To get a more prominent color, repeat the procedure the next day until the desired result is evident.
Beet and henna can dye the hair red too.
- In the case, you want to make your hair lighter, use lemon juice
- Extract the juice from lemon fruits
- Pour inside a squirt bottle
- Spray it on the part of the hair you want to lighten
- Spread the juice evenly on your hair using a comb
- Sit on the sun to get the best result
- Allow it for an hour and wash it off
- You can repeat it regularly till the desired color is achieved
Please note that using lemon juice on your hair gives a permanent coloring and can only be removed by cutting off that part of the hair.
Considering the lemon juice is acidic and acts as a bleaching agent.
Chamomile tea can also give you a lighter color, but it more noticeable in those with blonde hair.
Beauty products for your face
Face masks can moisturize your face and make it glow with beauty. Here are some recipes for preparing facemasks.
- Homemade citrus facemask
- Get one tbs of honey and two tbs of juice extracted from orange
- Blend the two liquids with one textured, smooth apple puree and one tsp of sage
- Combine all the constituents
- Pour it inside the pot, put it on the microwave, and allow it to heat for few minutes
- Allow the boiled mixture to cool
- Rub it evenly on your face, then allow it to stay for up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off, and clean your face with a neat cloth
The citrus fruit facemask is appropriate for all kinds of skins.
- Cucumber face mask
Get the ingredients listed below and have your homemade cucumber mask ready for use.
A teaspoon of apple mint
An egg, and
A teaspoon of lemon juice
How to prepare the face mask
- Use a food processor to blend all the ingredients to get a watery paste
- Store inside the fridge for up to 10 minutes
- Evenly apply the mask on your face and massage gently
- Leave it to stay for 20 to 25 minutes on your face
- Use a warm washcloth to clean your face; rinse, after that, using cold water.
- Cucumber mask can suit several skin types, but it’s the best face mask mainly for the oily skins.
- Anti-aging cream
- Get ½ tsp. Vitamin E oil, ¼ cup almond oil, 2 tbsp. Beeswax, 1 tbsp. Shea butter, 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Mix the above ingredients together
- You can add any essential oils if you want too
- Put it inside a jar and place in an already boiled water to melt
- When it’s melted, shake it to mix it evenly the more
- Bring it out to cool, and it’s ready for use
- Use it on your face two times per day, preferably, in the morning and evening.
- You can store it in a cool and dry place to last longer
There are wide ranges of natural ingredients that is effective for the face which provide anti-aging and moisturizing effects.
Some of them include banana facial masks, egg facial masks, and lots more, which can come in a mixture or used separately.
Other organic homemade products for beauty care
- Organic teeth whitening recipes
To prepare this teeth whitening home remedy, get lemon juice, orange skin, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix a tsp of salt with one tsp of juice extracted from lemon in a bowl.
- Blend them to form a paste.
- Apply it on your teeth to treat any discoloration.
- Wash it off after several minutes.
- Now, use the white part of orange skin to rub your teeth for a few minutes.
- Do this weekly, for at least three times, to obtain white sparkling teeth.
- Homemade natural perfume recipes
You can make use of any flower blossoms of your choice, such as Lilac, Lavender, or any other flower with high fragrance.
- Fill a cup with the flower blossoms of your choice in a bowl covered with cheesecloth.
- You can use other woven cotton cloth if you don’t have cheesecloth.
- Add water to the flowers inside the bowl to cover it completely.
- Cover up the bowl and allow it to stay overnight.
- Gently pull the edges of the cheesecloth the next day to remove the water.
- Again, press the scented water gently into a pot.
- Simmer the water on the stove or inside the microwave until the quantity reduces to a tablespoon.
- Allow it to cool
- Then, pour inside a spray bottle.
Your perfume is ready for use, and it can last for up to one month, depending on the usage.
You can maintain your beauty naturally without spending a dime on beauty cosmetics. All you need to do is to carefully study the tips above and follow the organic recipes for beauty products.
You can be rest assured to achieve professional results for complete skin care.