Factors Affecting Compatibility of Couples
Many events in our lives are destined, beginning with our birth, the family we are born into and other major events like marriage and death.
In this article we will examine the factors which influence compatibility of couples.
1. Contribution of the Law of Karma in compatibility
According to the law of Karma every positive deed generates a merit while every negative deed generates a demerit or a sin. Subsequently one has to reap the results of ones actions.
Whenever one does a good deed to others, it is bound to give a positive return (in the form of some happiness), apart from a simple thank you from that person.
Whenever one inflicts harm, it is bound to give negative return in the form of sorrow in some form. It cannot be undone by a simple Sorry’.
- Our family members from Spiritual point of view
According to the science of Spirituality, most of our family members are people with whom we have positive or negative accounts with (Karma) from previous births.
The reason for this is that one has to be in the proximity of the other person to be able to experience pleasure or pain.
Factors affecting compatibility in seekers and non-seekers
Spiritual research has found the factors that contribute to the compatibility between two people who are active seekers of God or not.
2. Physical factors:
In both seekers and non-seekers, the physical factor contributes only by 5%. By ‘physical’ it is not only the physical looks of the couple/persons involved but also includes physical issues such as the distance separating a couple, illness, difference in sexual drive or preferences etc. that can affect compatibility.
3. Psychological factors:
include likes and dislikes, Temperamental characteristics, personality defects, and ego which all together contribute by 8%.
4. The intellect: contributes only by 2%
Though the ego appears to contribute only by 2%, we have to keep in mind that many of the other causes of differences are in fact a manifestation of ego of either party.
6. Spiritual factor:
contributes by 85% and needs to be interpreted separately under the various sub-factors as below.
- Spiritual factors applicable to seekers:
1. Difference in spiritual levels (5%)
2. Path of spiritual practice (10%)
3. Focus on individual spiritual practice by one, while the other focuses on spiritual practice for the sake of society (8%)
4. Desire for spiritual growth (2%)
- Spiritual factors applicable to seekers as well as non-seekers:
5. Negative energy attacks: 10% in seekers and 5% in non-seekers
6. Ancestors: 10% in both seekers and non-seekers
7. Destiny and the give-and-take account (Karma): 30% in seekers and 50% in non-seekers
8. Miscellaneous (place, region):10% in seekers and 20% in non-seekers
It is apparent from the above reasons why a marriage or partnership might be successful or not.
Compatibility between two people is primarily dependent on factors beyond the understanding of the five senses, mind and intellect, i.e. the spiritual factors, in particular the give-and-take account (Karma) between them.
Physical looks and being psychologically a good match account for only 13% of the compatibility between two people.
Hence it is advisable to support any relationship with proper spiritual practice according to the 5 basic principles in order to enjoy good compatibility with your partner.
For further details on destiny and compatibility, please visit: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritualresearch/spiritualscience/relationships/index.php