If survival is the basis of human existence then safety is the controlling key of this existence. In the struggle for existence the nature actually secures or safeguards the fittest one who finally survives. Hence the relation between existence, survival and safety is inbuilt. And safety is must for all.
Looking at human safety
In a broader perspective, human safety accounts for a well-knitted defense mechanism from different types of dangers.
Physical dangers, psychological threats and similar such other categorization can be broadly framed out. But in specific terms safety has to be closely looked regarding the immediate hazards circling a person.
This is generally related to someone’s dwelling place, work place, security of areas often visited, health related problems, safety from fire and natural calamities etc.
Key areas of safety training
Briefly safety training will have to focus into the core areas of security and safety wherever required and more important is to chalk out where the dangers lie.
For example if the safety training is related to a work place and that’s a chemical-based industry or laboratory, how will the management conduct safety training?
The industrial safety training layout must contain:
- Identification of the hazardous elements that can cause harm in various ways.
- Chemicals those are highly reactive and human contact with those chemicals can be fatal. Awareness of such chemicals and reactive elements has to be promoted.
- Data have to be regularly recorded and checked by a proper maintenance of Safety Data Sheet. This will actually keep a track on the functional area of the industrial process of treating the chemicals.
- Human security will not just confine to awareness means but will be more related to the control means. It is true that awareness itself is the biggest control but accidents take place in spite of awareness.
- Any technical fault or human fault in the industry/ laboratory can turn into a devastating consequence. So what should be the emergency steps must be incorporated in the training program.
- A highly risk factor especially in case of a chemical industry is the onset of fire. This is one of the biggest hazardous areas to put under control. The safety training will include proper use of fire safety tools, extinguishers and fire alarms. Reporting to the fire control body is also in the immediate task of the concerned operator where fire has broken.
Precisely if the safety training of a chemical laboratory/ industry features these aspects, the safety training for your house will enclose the same outline with different areas of importance related to hazards and maintenance.
For home the concern will more focus on the security of the people living in.
- Safety aspect of the kitchen where inflammable things are placed.
- If kids are in you have to be more cautious. You can’t keep any such object open which can result into an accident. From a simple knife to the LPG cylinder, from a needle to an iron- each and every entity has to be arranged out of the child’s reach.
- Again an overall safety in the use of electrical appliances has to be maintained. Any short circuit detected should be brought into the notice of the concerned technician and you must switch off the main connection to avoid every possible danger.
There are several other things that are concerned with safety and can be included in the safety training.
As an outline whatever written here will suffice your basic understanding of safety training.