For most women the handbag is, next to the watch, the most used accessory. It lets us carry around our personal belongings and helps us complete our outfits and make a statement.
A handbag can be your best friend at helping you hide figure flaws, and it can also make them appear bigger than they are.
That is why handbags should be chosen carefully and always be tried on prior to purchase, just like you would try on any other piece of clothing.
These are the styles to look for:
– Your handbag should match your bone structure / stature. Bigger handbags for bigger girls, smaller handbags for petite girls its that easy.
– Look for styles that are the opposite of your shape: If you have a round figure, go for a structured bag, whereas an angular body looks better with a bag with soft curves
– Pay attention to the placement of the bag, when you wear it over your shoulder. If you have a big bust, your handbag should hit you at or below your waist. If you want to camouflage wide hips, go for a shorter styles sitting underneath your arm. If you are petite shoulder straps should be kept short and vice versa. The eye is drawn to wherever the bag sits, so make sure it hits you at a flattering part of your body.
– A bag in a bright color can take attention away from figure flaws
Other things to consider when choosing your bag:
– Is the bag comfortable to wear? Do the shoulder straps have rough edges or do they fall off your shoulders
– Will it be sturdy enough to carry the weight of your belongings? The least thing you want is a bag that breaks after wearing it a few times
– Does it have enough pockets to keep you organized. You want to get to your cell phone before the ring stops and finding your keys should never be a challenge
– Is it big enough to fit everything you carry around day-to-day?
– Is it appropriate to your life-style? If you spend most your time in an office, go for a nice leather bag, if you’re doing active things go for a more casual style
– Check the quality! Is the zipper working easily, are the seams straight, are the edges finished?
Buy quality rather than quantity. A good bag will last you a few years and will oftentimes cost you less than wearing cheap bags that need to be replaced frequently.