Do you know the reason why many teenagers complain of bad skin? It is because of the fact that during the teenage years, the hormones in the body are always changing.
As a result, the skin tends to produce more oil and a such, this will lead to the breakout of acne or pimples. In order to have a healthy skin all through he teenage years, it is essential that you know how to take good care of your skin.
Believe it or not, when you actually make an effort to take care of your skin, you will have healthier and clearer skin.
Given below are some skin care tips for teenagers that you can follow to have better skin:
- Rinse your face regularly with water. This is very important as you need to ensure that your face is clean from dirt and oil. It is not necessary for you to use face wash all the time.
- You can simply rinse your face with water sometimes. This will prevent the clogging of the pores and as such, the chances of acne breakouts would also below.
- As soon as you the signs of acne, you should start the treatment plan as soon as possible. When you start the treatment sooner, you will have lesser problems in the future.
- If the break out is red or inflamed, then you may consider buying a gentle benzoyl peroxide cream. It will kill the bacteria that cause pimples and as it is mild, it will not be very harsh on your skin too!
- Before going to sleep at night, it is advised that you make use of a mild cleanser every night. Make sure that you do not make use of a strong cleanser as it will damage the top layer of the skin and this will only lead to the increase in the amount of the dead skin clogging pores.
- Stay away from fried foods. No matter how much you love certain foods, you should not consume them because fried and oily foods are not good for the skin.
- If you have tried everything that you could to get a clearer and pimple-free skin, but without any avail, I would advise you to go and see a skin specialist. This is usually the step that people take when nothing that they tried has worked.
- If you feel that nothing is working then you should go and see a dermatologist as only he will be able to help you.
By following the tips mentioned here, you can have healthy and clear looking skin, even during your teenage years.